All residents of New Jersey are welcomed and valued equally regardless of race, religion, gender, class, sexual orientation, nationality and immigration status. Basic Human rights are God-given and every human being should be respected and accepted with compassion and dignity. Every resident in New Jersey is entitled to equal access to their government; voice in decision-making is core to the freedom of the human spirit. Every citizen is entitled to an equal vote.
Thus, we commit to:
1.We stand resolute against all forms of explicit, implicit and structural racism and patriarchy and acknowledge the nation and the state’s troubled past with fully recognizing the humanity and equality of everyone. Every effort must be made to undo and fully account for the harms done to women and communities of color.
2. Immigrants are vital members to our communities and every effort should be to destroy barriers to citizenship and to end xenophobia and bigotry.
3. We affirm the humanity and rights of the LGBTQ community and stand firm on the ethic of love above all else.
4. We demand a representative government reflective of the demographics and diversity of the citizenry including voting districts that are equitable and fair.
5. We seek the elimination of the influence and power of money in the political process and demand greater access to the most powerful offices for citizens of modest means. As long as the political process can be bought the voice of the people is muted.
6. We encourage access to participation in our community for immigrants including municipal IDs, state driver’s licenses and policies that are fair and welcoming to all who call New Jersey home.