HEALTHCARE AS A HUMAN RIGHT
Every human being regardless of socioeconomic status receives quality healthcare. The commodification of people’s bodies is wicked. Quality healthcare is a human right and universal equitable coverage is the goal including addiction recovery and mental health and wellness.
Thus, we commit to:
1. Regardless of income or socioeconomic location, all residents of New Jersey must be able to have affordable, comprehensive care.
2. Health diagnosis or preexisting conditions cannot be a barrier
3. Health care must be offered to all those within New Jersey including undocumented immigrants. It is a moral imperative to the care for the sick in our community.
4. The quality of care must be improved with a holistic approach and increased funding to ensure equal and immediate access to preventative, primary and specialty care.
5. Create healthy communities across New Jersey where the social determinants to health are addressed and remedied.